The Small Business Facade and Property Improvement Program is a component of FOCUS that provides matching grants to property owners willing to renovate the street-front exteriors of their structures. These improvements could include new signage, windows, painting, and/or structural or design changes. This is a rebate program where business and property owners receive reimbursement for up to 50% of the cost of the project in amounts ranging from $1,000 to $20,000 for completed work. The goal is to build long-lasting relationships that connect neighborhoods with businesses and new resources to revitalize urban markets.
The general façade grant application for all of Marion County is not yet open for 2019. The application will be posted once funding is available. Please check back on our website in mid-late spring 2019.
Projects that are ineligible for the façade program:
- Residential properties, business based in homes
- Properties outside of Marion County, Indianapolis (projects in Center Township are given priority)
- A commercial building that has a primary purpose as a place of worship is generally not eligible
- Commercial buildings that house establishments related to gambling, gun stores, adult book stores, etc.
- Commercial properties that are vacant and do not yet have a committed end user are not as competitive
- Property owners must meet with the community development corporations (CDC) that serves their area prior to applying. Applications that are not supported by CDC are less competitive.
Thank you our Facade Grant partners:
For additional information about this program, please contact: