Indianapolis neighborhoods are experiencing a renaissance—and we at LISC Indianapolis are proud to have played a central role in their transformation. We’ve implemented a strategy that emphasizes leveraging national and local resources to support comprehensive community development initiatives in our neighborhoods, working with local nonprofit community organizations to help transform distressed urban neighborhoods into healthy communities that are great places to live, work, do business, and raise families.
Our work falls into six major program areas. Click on any one to find
- Expanding Capital Investment In Housing: Helping to create nicer, safer, more affordable places to live.
- Stimulating Local Economic Activity: Spurring business development in urban neighborhoods.
- Increasing Family Income, Wealth, And Employment: Dealing with poverty issues at their root.
- Improving Access To Quality Education: Giving students and parents better programs and more choices.
- Supporting Healthy Environments And Lifestyles: Bringing a green agenda to community development.